You must want to be Optimal!
It is normal to age and get diabetes, heart disease, cancer or something similar. It is also normal to slow down a bit; brain fog, sore muscles and joints, etc. It is also quite common for our children to be diagnosed with ADHD and/or become overweight. Sleep much? It is the norm to have non-restorative shortened sleep.
Prescriptive Optimization is a service offered pursuant to great results obtained throughout the last few years. As a pharmacist at Island Drug, I have been privileged to help many people manage their health conditions over the years. However, what was more powerful recently was working with people close to me personally by researching and testing newer functional medicine type approaches. The main difference, and both traditional and functional have a place, is that the functional medicine approach focuses on addressing the true cause of health conditions and working to offer solutions to those that allow the body to return to optimal function. You can read more in the stories sections about the people that have benefited, now the focus is making this available to a larger group of people. This is by far the most rewarding work I have experienced to date. The Prescriptive Optimization service is offered through Island Drug and open to anyone who wants to upgrade their performance and health. While the stories involve patients reversing troubling health ailments, the same fundamentals can be applied to those who want to improve their chances of preventing a variety of ailments. This is referred to as improving healthspan, which is the length of time we live with good health. Lifespan should follow as well but improving the time in which we are in good health can be profound.
- The current health care system in the US is providing consistently meager results that dramatically impact patients’ lives.
- It is considered normal to age and add prescription medications over the years.
- It is considered normal to have suboptimal lab values within the “normal” limits.
- The current insurance-based model with skyrocketing premiums and deductibles leaves patients and providers alike with little options to tailor plans to make the health of patients optimal. Rather, standard of care is wait for an illness to develop far enough to trip a specific lab value or justify starting a prescription medication, in which many cases will not be decreased or discontinued.
How Prescriptive Optimization will change the paradigm:
- A Doctor of Pharmacy specializing in dietary and nutritional strategies, will work to implement a plan based on your personal health goals. Ongoing interactions and assessments all month long.
- Find a solution for brain fog
- Weight loss
- Thyroid optimization
- Cancer treatment
- auto immune
- Hormone balance
- Fibromyalgia, chronic pain
- Food Education, meal plan development
- Ketogenic Diet initiation and maintenance
- Lab tests and analysis
- Much more
Thanks for your interest,
Aaron Syring, Pharm.D.
Prescriptive Optimization – Your Partner in Human Potential Achievment