NEW Virtual MD visits for select prescription products.
This solves the #1 problem patients run into when wanting to try a compounded prescription – prescriber familiarity.
Simply request a consult for your desired product below, and a prescription will be sent to Island Drug for compounding and pickup or mailing within WA state only.
Brain Inflammation (Brain Fog, Depression/Anxiety, Cognitive Decline)
Synapsin is an innovative, patent-pending powder blend of ginsenoside Rg3 and nicotinamide riboside along with components to aid in solubilization and dispersion. It is an ingredient designed to be used in dietary supplement formulations for the support of neurological health and cognitive health.
- NUTRIENT SUPPORT SUMMARY OF SYNAPSIN
- Supports neuronal health
- Supports NAD+ production in the central and peripheral nervous system, and supports health sirtuin expression
- Supports healthy mitochondrial function
- Supports the attenuation of microglial activation
Jim LaVelle (a pharmacist!) is the developer of Synapsin; this is a listing of conditions referenced for this product on his website:
- Traumatic Brain injuries (and impaired cognitive function) can be seen in many types of people:
- NFL players with concussions
- Navy Seals after being in combat zones
- Motor Vehicle Accident
- Electric shock
- Violence injury
- Alzheimer’s (Dementia)
- Autism Spectrum Disorder
- ADHD Autoimmune Disorders
- ALS (Lou Gehrig’s Disease)
- Lyme Disease
- Chronic Stress Situations
- Executive Burnout
- Lifestyle Stress
- Overloaded mom with the Jello brain feeling
We have seen particularly good experiences in the overloaded mom category, executive burnout, and sleep improvement.
This product is included, along with a host of other strategies to combat brain inflammation, is included in an expansive (and free) 20+ page whitepaper.
 PCCA Document #30-4969
We have seen real sleep data show a DOUBLING OF DEEP SLEEP!
Synapsin users consistently report more restful and restorative sleep.
See more details on how this and other tactics may improve sleep in our whitepaper.
Prostate Health – Reducing Nighttime Urination
Current data implies if you are a man and live long enough, prostate pathologies will be something you experience. These span from enlarged prostate (BPH) to full blown prostate cancer.Symptoms often begin with increasing night time urinations. Three, four, five times a night is not uncommonly reported. With this new product, clioquinol (a zinc ionophore), we have seen nighttime urinations drop from these high levels to 1 or zero IN DAYS. Here are a few quotes from people who emailed feedback:
- Patient #1. “As for me that cream seems to be showing good results. I am down to a normal one urination per nite and my PSA was stable “
- Patient #2. “All is well but it is time to renew my prescription for clioquinol rx# “
- Patient #3. “PS: That Clioquinol is amazing! First day, woke up once only and last night, nada. Thank you so much for the info and the script.”
- Patient #4 (Rick): “I have experienced significant improvement in nightly urination trips. Prior to clioquinol, I typically had several trips to the bathroom at night. Now, one and sometimes none.”
- Patient #5 Ted: I am 74 and had bad prostate issues for over 5 years. I maxed out on all the meds and still had bad symptoms. Was using a catheter 3 times daily. Started using clioquinol cream several months ago, and now am free of using the catheter. Definitely emptying more, no urgency, and proved to myself that the cream is the reason I’m doing a lot better with no side effects. Does not work overnight, need to give it some time. This cream is a godsend to me.
Not only are the nighttime interruptions inconvenient but the sleep disruptions precipitated are harmful over time as well.We have a detailed whitepaper on prostate health that includes the scientific backing on clioquinol and a host of other measures to improve prostate health.
Mark Duncan, MD
Dr. Duncan was born and raised in the San Francisco Bay Area. He enlisted in the United States Navy in 1984 where he spent six years serving as a Navy Hospital Corpsman.
He attended the West Virginia University School of Medicine, and completed residency training in Family Medicine at the Naval Hospital in Jacksonville, Florida in 1998.
After providing a full spectrum of care to the military family throughout the world, he retired from the Navy in 2012.
He and his wife Pamela are blessed with two wonderful children, Matt and Andrew. His interests include fishing, boating and hiking.
Dr. Duncan looks forward to providing high quality compassionate care in a relaxed atmosphere to the fine people of Whidbey Island.